Re: Countrylink Olympic timetables

Erk <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote in message
39bc7cb3@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39bc7cb3@news.iprimus.com.au...
> As of 1730 Sydney time 11/9, there is still no news on the CountryLink
> website about altered arrangements for the Olympic Period. I even tried
> selecting a timetable for Saturday Strathfield - Melbourne and the old
> timetable in place.
>
> Comments?

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the timetables to be updated.
Countrylink cancelled the Broken Hill and Griffith Loco-hauled services, two
months later they were still on their site. I sent an email to Countrylink
regarding time zones, particularly during daylight saving times. I sent it
12 months ago and I have yet to get a reply. Even now there is nothing on
their site to tell you if Broken Hill is in Central or Eastern standard time
on their timetables.

Try this for an example of Countrylink stupidity. Search for a service from
Bathurst (western line) to Cowper (North Coast) on a Monday. According to
Countrylink the journey takes 1hr 40mins. So much for attention to detail...