Re: [NSW] victim to early running train!

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
39ba3c3f$0$26516$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39ba3c3f$0$26516$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Fell victim today as the spate of early running trains continued. Was at
> burwood, returning home to concord west at around 2.35pm. The train was
> scheduled for 2.39pm (my watch is in sync with SPI indicators/precise time
> clocks). As I approached the bridges over Burwood Rd, an 8-car T set
pulled
> out on the down suburban and I suspected it would've been heading north
(as
> the exterior was quite clean :-) )
>
> my suspicions were confirmed when i checked the concourse SPI for trains
> the northern line...32min for the next train (trains run every 30min). I
> changed plans and opted for a bankstown via Lidcombe train, running on the
> down local. that train was spot on time. when i got to strathfield the
> precise time clocks displayed 14:39, but no sign of the down north train
> already.
>

> i admit late running has been a problem, but now "on-time running" has
gone
> over the line with trains leaving up to 5min early from stations.

It used to be a condition (probably still is) that passengers be on the
platform 2 or 5 minutes prior to departure time.

Guards are constantly being told not to depart early. One sheila was trying
to do that on Central 8 tonight, but was ordered(?) by station staff to
depart 2 minutes early.