Re: $550m to speed up Vic rail services

> Not a new railway,however the state still owns the infrastructure,its only
> leased to the companies,so being smart landlords they are investing in
that
> infrastructure,increasing its value,and in the long run will probably be
> able to charge a higher rent next time it comes up for review.
> Having read the report I must say that its very impressive,and I hope that
> the majority of its recommendations are adopted. For instance,why keep a
> life expired signalling system when there are huge benefits to be obtained
> in scraping it and starting a fresh with a new homogenised set up.
> I don't mind partnerships between privates and government,if it brings
> benefits to us punters as well.
> Graeme

I'm not all that impress with the report. The journey time still relatively
long for all 4 lines especially Geelong service. And previously mentioned
some towns might miss out service (Castlemine for example) as the train
might run express from Melbourne to the destination. Government been a
landlord didn't help much as National express asked for higher charge/funds
to bring back Ararat/Bairnsdale and Mildura service.

Oh well, better then nothing i guess....

Cheers
James