Re: [VIC] New Bayside timetable in November

> It kind of worries me that the government are handing money over
fist, as
> in incentive for the private rail companies to do what they were
bound to
> do by contract in the first place. Why not put the money where it is
> needed? We have needed an airport line for a few years now. Public
> transport in the south east of Melbourne is apalling, so why not fix
that?

I don't think it was anywhere near $70m for the flier trains, which
aren't in the contracts (they are additional to what is in the
contracts). The flier trains will probably end up being one super-
express in the peak direction in each peak. Not one vote, and not one
passenger in them.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.