Re: CR logo

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Did CR have a logo? I thought they just put the words "Commonwealth
> Railways" down the side of the locos.

The locos also had engraved plates with the
Commonwealth coat of arms on their nose as well,
these were removed with the "new look" AN.
Have a look at GM3 in my shots from the Centre 20 years
ago in Railpage Railpix archives.

Yes CR/ANR had a logo.  Check the excellent work of
Chris Drymalik with his CR/ANR/AN section in RailPage.
He has the logo which was the one CR had burnished into
the glass on some of the doors of their pre-ROA
passenger stock.

----Tell
<< Knock out AS for email reply. >>