Re: The PMs Election Train Chugs Off

You are all obviously referring to the article by Ross Gittins which
contained the usual journo's ignorance of trains as being yesterdays
technology.  They never mention what they think ought to replace it or seem
to have any problems with the subsidies handed out to the trucking industry
or governments constructing airports at billions of dollars of tax payers
money.  The journo mistake was the opinion that the wind blew down the
overhead at Olympic Park when indeed it was one of those hatch covers coming
lose.  I thought they had all been wired shut.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39b58b41$0$26548$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39b58b41$0$26548$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "David Bennetts" <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
> > From today's Sydney Morning Herald at
> > http://www.smh.com.au/news/0009/06/features/features2.html
> >
> > Are these the new gravy trains for our pollies?
> > Will the ill winds of political change cut off their power (as at
Olympic