Re: Truganini Road, Carnegie

Map 68 H4.
I don't believe so - there's no mention of it in the book I read about the
history of Caulfield - which has an excellent account of the Rosstown
railway debacle. Though the location of Railway Road is intruiging. Perhaps
they had planned to have a railway extention there.

The Rosstown Railway went parrallel to Dover Street, Marara Road, Oakleigh
Road, to Packer Park (where the sugar works were) then Murrumbeena Crescent
to the Dandenong line, midway between Hughesdale and Oakleigh.

If anybody wants full details of the book with all the Rosstown goss in it,
let me know.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au

"Napier" <napier@vicnet.net.au> wrote in message
_zpt5.10316$cr3.293758@ozemail.com.au">news:_zpt5.10316$cr3.293758@ozemail.com.au...
> Hi... I'm new to this group...
>
> This issue may have been discussed before in relation to Melbourne's famed
> (and infamous) Rosstown Railway.
>
> Was there ever a line, or part of a line, that branched off south on the
> city side of the Carnegie station along Toolambool Road, across Neerim
Road,