Re: Drivers New Pay Rise

"Erk" <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote in message news:39c1cc38
> magilla gorilla wrote in message <39C13D9F.A1B79F62@mailcity.com>...
> |Tezza wrote:
> |
> |> Drivers today finally received the pay rise they've been fighting for,
> for 19 months. 6.78%
> |
> |guards got thier 8% too
> |

> > Why did the guards get more than the drivers?

They didn't. The Functional agreements that both Drivers and guards got had
an amount totalling 8%. The Drivers (and I think the guards) got the first
part last month. The Driver's was supposed to be 1% backdated to July 99, 2%
backdated to May 00 (I think) and 5% from July 00.

When the Drivers got their 1%, it was about 0.96% and the other 7% just paid
became 6.78%.