Re: Pendennis Castle

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:36:00 GMT, lbrown2@bigpond.com (Brown Family)
wrote:

> Now that Pendennis Castle should have been in the U.K. for a month by
> now. Can someone please tell us where it is, the condition it's in
> and when can we expect to see this magnificent loco back in service
> hauling a load of Mk I's?

It's at Didcot Railway Centre in Oxfordshire, adjacent to the Great
Western main line from London Paddington to Swindon and Bristol.  I've
seen photos in rail magazines that showed it in apparently good cosmetic
condition but with a covering of (brown?) dust from the mining area it
came from.

Didcot Railway Centre is owned by the Great Western Society.

I have no idea about the timing of Pendennis Castle's restoration,
sorry.

--
Tony Polson, North Yorkshire, UK