Re: New NSW Timetable Site

"Samuel Eades" <seades@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
EoFK5.2764$Tq6.27946@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:EoFK5.2764$Tq6.27946@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> The 1980s country area map is interesting: Apart from the loss of the
> Queenbeeyan - Cooma and Armidale - Tenterfeild, everything else still
seems
> intact today, whereas Victoria has lost: Ballarat - Mildura, Ballarat -
> Dimboola, Sale - Bairnsdale, Cranbourne - Leongatha and Shepparton -
Cobram
> since the early 1990s!

The services have changed signifigantly though - at one stage, the North
Coast (as an example) had the following trains: N25 Grafton (0740), N9
Kempsey XPT (1742), N5 Murwillumbah (1800), N1 Brisbane (1830), N3
Murwillumbah (1940), N13 Grafton (2040) - now all it has is three XPT's, one
each to Brisbane, Murwillumbah and Grafton.

Also, it wasn't until the eighties that trains stopped running to places
like Griffith (via Temora), Tumut, Cowra (both ways), Mudgee, Barraba and
Inverell. I would date that map as lmid-eighties, as it still mentions the
Southern Aurora and SoP, as well as two trains to Murwillumbah and the
Canberra XPT.

Dave