Re: [SA] Any News From Adelaide?

"Luke" <jacqui1904@one.net.au> wrote in message
39f54826@pink.one.net.au">news:39f54826@pink.one.net.au...
> well?

Courtesy of http://www.dictionary.com/

well1 (wl)
n.

A deep hole or shaft sunk into the earth to obtain water, oil, gas, or
brine.
A container or reservoir for a liquid, such as ink.

A place where water issues from the earth; a spring or fountain.
A mineral spring.
wells. A watering place; a spa.
An abundant source: a well of information.
An open space extending vertically through the floors of a building, as for
stairs or ventilation.
Nautical. An enclosure in a ship's hold for the pumps.
A cistern with a perforated bottom in the hold of a fishing vessel for
keeping fish alive.
An enclosed space for receiving and holding something, such as the wheels of
an airplane when retracted.
Chiefly British. The central space in a law court, directly in front of the
judge's bench, where the counsel or solicitor sits.
v. welled, well·ing, wells.
v. intr.
To rise to the surface, ready to flow: Tears welled in my eyes.
To rise or surge from an inner source: Anger welled up in me.
v. tr.
To pour forth.

----
[Middle English welle, from Old English welle; see wel-2 in Indo-European
Roots.]