Re: Melb (AUS) W-class trams

Thats what I reckon.

They maintain the brakes have always been bad (expressed as "they just
aren't up to todays' conditions") and are going to gloss over the
modification with another layer of technology. Its disturbing, but
theyre not being forthcoming with information and I'm not a mechanical
expert so its hard to challenge them with anything more concrete than
an observation that the brakes worked fine from 1919 until 1999.

> Holy hell, we are most certainly not talking rocket science here. The
> newest W is 1040 of 1956 and that was 1936 technology, years before
> rockets or even computers were invented.
>
> The brakes on the Ws worked perfectly for decades until some bizarre
> modification in the 1990s which made them unsafe.
>
> What on Earth is going on?
>
> David McLoughlin
> Auckland New Zealand

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/