Re: [NSW] Is big brother watching?

Goldie <goldicom@powerup.com.au> wrote in message 39f56a46@grissom">news:39f56a46@grissom...
> Old Military saying (before the internet) - you have to expect anything
you
> say or write (especially electronically) to be heard or read by those you
> least desire it to get to.
>
> I believe it would be inept management who would ignore sites like this -
> for many reasons from self preservation to the potential for good ideas.
>
> If you are worried about what response your word may trigger from some
> authority - besy no say it.
>
> Goldie

Of course, if they are a responsible authority, who's concerned about their
customers, then a little bit of constructive criticism can't go astray.
Even if this comes from both sides of the fence (ie employees and
customers), management still have a responsibility to respond in the best
way they can.  My approach to management (as a crew leader in a fire
brigade, and as a project manager for many engineering projects) is that
people respond best when given the freedom and support to do their job how
they've been trained.  In other words, tell people what the job is, and let
them do it the way they've been trained, rather than tell them how to do
their job.  How many people get pissed off when their boss looks over their
shoulder all the time and says "How about this way?"??

So for all that, to anyone from any rail company management reading, if the
criticism or comments posted here, in an open forum, offend you, maybe you
should start listening to what customers want from their services, and how
the employees want to do their jobs.  After all, it's what every other
competitive business in our society has to do.

Al