Paralympic and Sonia observations

To Olympic Park on Sunday for a family day out.

Travel between Ashfield and Olympic Park really smooth in both directions.
The outward-bound journey was a composite 8-car set made up of G20+T24,
homeward bound G22. On-time running seemed to be the order of the day in
general, the longest delay observed being less than one minute down
according to the new clocks.

Olympic Park was packed, with most of the smaller venues filled all
afternoon, although crowds would not approach the numbers for the Olympics.
We left with the first flood of returnees at about 8.10pm. All City-bound
services were being packed to the limit, but loading was smooth and
departures on-time.

While at Ashfield, I was particularly interested in the announcements. It
seems that some modification has been made to the software, as the
announcements for the local line at least were proceeding in a more natural
sequence than the previous name-pause-name style that we first heard. Anyone
else noticed??

Graham Smith