Re: Remembering a weeekend of tramway infamy

In article <pvVH5.5593$e5.14611@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  "Paul Nicholson" <pn1@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> A noted tramway historian has described Saturday 22 October 1960
as "a day
> of infamy"!
>
> No less than four tram lines in three cities closed on that day; Point
> Ormond in Melbourne, Springfield in Hobart and Botany and Coogee in
Sydney.

> I would be pleased to hear of any commemoration in Hobart.
>
> Paul Nicholson
> Melbourne

Thanx for the reminder.  I'm in Hobart this weekend catching up with
family but if I can escape and pinch Dad's car I'll pop along to the
Tas Transport Museum where they have one or two old Hobart trams,
including No. 141 which I last saw as a kid in the mid 70s stored in
the old roundhouse at Hobart railway station.

Gosh 40 years!

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.