Re: [Syd] Investigation into third train shooting

'tis very similar to those idiots that throw rocks etc. off overpasses onto
the traffic below---- unfortunately people were killed before those culprits
were caught. Let's hope some sense prevails here, and the shootings stop.

Ian S

"Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
_PPH5.3978$Ab3.12188@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:_PPH5.3978$Ab3.12188@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> http://www.theage.com.au/breaking/0010/20/A62671-2000Oct20.shtml
>
> Source: AAP|Published: Friday October 20, 11:19 AM
>

> An investigation is under way into a possible third shooting at a train in
> Sydney's north.
>
> The latest incident comes as rail unions meet with police and rail
officials
> this afternoon to discuss the safety of workers and commuters travelling
on
> CityRail trains.
>
> A CityRail spokesman said police were investigating the latest incident
> involving a train in a siding yard at Hornsby.
>
> "Some projectiles were put in the train, but it's not known if it was
caused
> by a rock or a bullet," he said.
>
> The spokesman said it was not known when the latest incident took place.
>
> But it comes after two other Sydney passenger trains were fired at within
> the space of five days.
>
> On Tuesday night a window in a carriage of a Tangara travelling on the
> northern line near Normanhurst was shattered by a gunshot.
>
> The incident followed another shooting at a train travelling near
Chatswood