Re: Alice Springs - Darwin contract signing this week

"Neil Gerace" <geracen@wantree.com.au> wrote:

> But anyway, I hope it goes ahead this time except if it takes container
> traffic away from Fremantle (probably will).
>
> Also leave the NAR alone and build the new line nearby but not on top. I
> haven't been to see the old NAR yet!

There will be a lot of the old NAR left anyhow.

Interestingly, when I went to the NT Lands branch for
maps of this project not too long ago, all they could
offer me was a makeover of the original ANR route which
was a broad "identified" corridor with no real details.

The only thing available (a few weeks ago) from the
AARC web site are two small areas covering Katherine
and outside Darwin.

AustralAsia Rail Corporation
http://www.nt.gov.au/aarc/index.shtml

----Tell