Re: Inland rail safety questioned after derailment

> As usual for such reports, either the politician being quoted or the
> journalist writing the story managed to get something wrong.  In this
> case, the story refers to the "Great Western Line", which is lightly
> laid branch line from Westgate to Quilpie (Westgate south of Charleville
> on the Cunnamulla line).
>
> The correct name for the Townsville - Mt Isa line is the "Great Northern
> Line", although I don't know if the term is still in common use.

<nitpick>  It's actually GNR - Great Northern Railway -  </nitpick>

Derailments are a fact of life out here as things get hotter - all the
engineering in the world won't prevent them.
This is purely political mud slinging, IMHO.

--
John McCandless
<insert new sig here>