Re: [NSW] Olympic Park/City Railway Signalling Question

signal_spotter@my-deja.com wrote:

> I have to question the integrity of this book when it comes to
> describing railway signalling matters. Have the authors merely observed
> this in action whilst sitting on the platform or have they interviewed
> signalling designers as to how it was designed.

Since that behaviour of the City railway signalling system was a
source of some pride to NSWGR and had been described in numerous NSWGR
public documents prior to the publishing of First Stop Central it
would seem highly likely that those documents were the source for the
statement.

The behaviour described in FSC certainly did occur as I personally
witnessed it on a number of occasions on the Down Shore when normal
running was disrupted as I was travelling by train to/from school in
the city during the 1960s

Cheers,

Bill