Re: (NT) Larrimah preservation group?

"John McCandless" <johnmc@topend.com.au> wrote:

> I was just looking at the October edition of the ARHS Bulletin, and I
> noticed a photo in the "here and there" section (p395).
> It shows an ex-Westrail 3'6" loco - TA 1814 - at Larrimah, with the photo
> being taken in June 1998.  You can clearly see  trackage (albeit overgrown)
> in the yard.
>
> I had heard that there was a group at Larrimah (running to Birdum, IIRC).
> Does anyone (Tell, maybe?) know if they are still going?

Not good news I am afraid.

I am not familiar with the TA class but I am advised
they had "weight" problems.  They also have had
problems re Public risk insurance and the section cars
rides have stopped due to the old girl needing an
engine overhaul.  The Museum is still operating.

And wait for it, a native title claim has been placed
over the area covering the old line.!!

----Tell
<< Knock out net01 for email reply. >>