Re: [NSW] C3801 - C3804

They were prototypes. Each had different electrical set up. Pantos were
different, motors, electrical components etc. Nothing was standard. A
modern day version of this is the 4D or the Vic Tangara (let the fun
begin (-:). How much time is it off the road because of it being a once
off?
Apparently they also suffered from overheating and leaks from the vents
in the front part of the roof. I can't confirm this however.

The ARHS had an artical on them but I can't remember the date and Jane
has it packed away in a box somewhere.

As far as getting 3804 running again, it will require a total electrical
rebuilt, even if all the components are in it, which I doubt.
I would love to see 4799 converted back to a power car and put back into
running order along with 3804 so we could have a 4 car Tulloch set
running arround but alas I think it would be impossible.

Rgds

Neil O'Connor wrote:

> Why were these motor cars seemingly so unsuccessful? From what I remember
> their service life was not all that long?
>
> Neil.
begin:vcard
n:Harris;Robert
tel;cell:+61 0419200497