Re: The Great Tangara Showdown (Was: Re: [NSW] Tangarra + 3801)

"Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
8FCB935F0gunzelT333@139.130.239.94">news:8FCB935F0gunzelT333@139.130.239.94...
> Erk <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote in article
> <39e528c2$1@news.iprimus.com.au>:
>
> >A lot of people (in and out of this newsgroup) also don't like them as
> >they can be rather uncomfortable. (I won't mention the fact that they
> >like to tip over when derailed). I think that the Tangara haters
> >outnumber the likers in this NG and train crew but I'll stand to be
> >corrected if someone can prove this.
>
> Okay, once and for all, it's time to have a vote on this...
>
> Everyone reply to this message answering the following questions:
>
> 1) Do you like Tangaras? [Yes/No]

Yes if the air conditioning is working correctly
No if it isn't on, or it is on full blast or it is in the wrong hemisphere!

> 2) Is the Tangara your favourite EMU? [Yes/No]

No, V-Set (I thinkt that's an EMU)

> 3) Do you like the 4D? [Yes/No]

Haven't seen 4D

> 4) Is the 4D your favourite EMU? [Yes/No]

See 3

> 5) If you answered NO to 2 and 5, what is your favourite EMU?

See 2

> 6) What is your direct relationship with the Tangara/4D?
> [Driver,guard,passenger,fitter,any combination of]

Detester (more seriously though, free-loading passenger)

> 7) Which is better, the Tangara or the 4D?

See 3

> 8) Give a description as to why you like or dislike the Tangara/4D

Tangara
-------
Air conditioning: Never seems to work right, but sometimes works nice
Seats: Hard as a rock, but not too uncomfortable for short journeys
Doors: The doors always seem to get stuck, take a long time to open or close
or decapitate people
Arm rests: None to speak of