Re: fire on the north coast

Andrew Tailby wrote:

> A number of woodern carrages from the biggest rotting collection
> of rolling stock had been stored on a siding north of coffs
> harbour

It was at Lowanna, about midway along the Glenreagh to Dorrigo branch
line.

The cars were apparently three from BAB Set 8, a set of five
end-platform cars built in 1895. At this stage I have been unable to
find out which cars were destroyed or how much damage occured to any
adjacent cars stored there.

Maybe someone living close by can visit the site and take some
piccies.

The cars are owned by the Dorrigo Steam Railway & Museum.