Re: MIDLAND WORKSHOPS OPEN DAY

What a shame it didn't happen in April when I was there.

But then I had the privilege of touring the workshops in 1955 when they were
working flat out on steam gear - cleary remeber re-tyring wheels - first I
knew railway wheels had tyres!

The restoration will have to be good to match Ipswich Qld workshops -
currently still operating their blacksmith shop and restoring the QR fleet
of steam locos.

Goldie

971181109.155057@srv1.space.net.au">news:971181109.155057@srv1.space.net.au...