Future of Blayney - Cowra

Interesting article in this months Digest where Carl Scully has
admitted that this newly re opened line is unlikely to ever carry any
freight traffic ,and that the re opening was intended for use as a
"Tourist Line."
With a 25km speed limit ,its unlikely to be used for anything.

More importantly though is just why was this particular line chosen to
be re opened as a tourist line ?
Surely there are far better examples of lines that could be re opened
as tourist lines , especially at NSW Govt expense.
Tumut to Batlow, Tarana to Oberon ,for example .
or dare I say it , Glenreagh to Dorrigo.

One wonders whether,the same fate will befall the newly opened
Kandos-Mudgee-Gulgong line ,ie how long will we have to wait until
freight trains run over this line ?
Indeed , can the line support 81 & heavier locos like NRs anyway.

One indeed wonders whether both of these lines have been re opened
simply so the NSW Govt can claim that its re opening lines , without
any sort of economic analysis being done beforehand ,as to the lines
likely usage.

cheers
MD