Re: [NSW] On time running 6/10/2000

"Hubert Lam"
> 3/10/2000: 95.3% (suburban & intercity)
> 4/10/2000: 98.9%
> 5/10/2000: 96.7%
> 6/10/2000: 66.4%
>
> 6/10 was Kingsgrove derailment, suburban PM peak plunged to 22.6% (3min) and
> 25.8 (5min). Even intercity plunged to 44.8%
>
> What actually happened in sector 2? Did trains from Liverpool/Campbelltown
> via Granville/Regent's Park run to Central then turn around and went back to
> Liverpool/Campbelltown through the City Inner? From the figures I seem to
> get an impression that trains weren't cancelled and just ran all over the
> place.

My first train, City via Airport ran - All to Glenfield, Liverpool,
Strathfield via RP, Central, arriving 59 minutes late. I had already missed my
next one. My 3rd didn't seem to run. The 4th was cancelled, the 5th, C/town
via Airport, ran City Circle, Redfern, Sydenham, Bankstown, Liverpool,
Glenfield, all.

Despite my own experience, nothing much seemed to get cancelled, they just let
most trains run as they were til they went to bed.

The worst thing was the Drivers didn't have a clue what was going on. I was on
20 platform for over 3 hours and not until the end of that time did TCAC start
answering the phone.