Re: [NSW] On time running 6/10/2000

Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in article
<39e17a3e$0$11632$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:

>3/10/2000: 95.3% (suburban & intercity)
>4/10/2000: 98.9%
>5/10/2000: 96.7%
>6/10/2000: 66.4%
>
>6/10 was Kingsgrove derailment, suburban PM peak plunged to 22.6% (3min)
>and 25.8 (5min). Even intercity plunged to 44.8%
>
>What actually happened in sector 2? Did trains from
>Liverpool/Campbelltown via Granville/Regent's Park run to Central then
>turn around and went back to Liverpool/Campbelltown through the City
>Inner? From the figures I seem to get an impression that trains weren't
>cancelled and just ran all over the place.

No idea where sector 2 is, but:

Buses were running: Sydenham - East Hills, Kingsgrove - Belmore.
Trains were running: Central - Turrella (via Airport) every 15 mins.
Trains also running: Central - Macarthur (via Bankstown)
There was also another train running off 22/23 at Central, but can't
remember which.

Those plasma displays are inaccurate, uninformative and useless, imho. At
one point we had displayed "City Circle", then displaying the stations list
for Macarthur via Redfern/Bankstown direct. "Next Train" times usually
showed about 25 minutes, then jumped back to 3. At Museum, the "Nest Train"
times stood at 4 minutes for about 10 minutes, then started counting down
before the train began to approach.

Thankfully those were my only experiences with the plasma displays.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).