Re: Queanbeyan -Cooma Line

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
W5UD5.21$OP.5713@news0.optus.net.au">news:W5UD5.21$OP.5713@news0.optus.net.au...
> Gordon (GordonRoss@Remove_This.bigpond.com) wrote:
>
> > David Bromage wrote in message ...
> > >
> > >There are privately funded plans for hauling logs from just south of
> > >Cooma, but it requires the state government to actually make a
decision.

> > When is this decision supposed to made by?
>
> Carl Scully.
>
> > IMHO any such plans, would have had some media attention and I haven't
seen
> > or heard anything.
>
> It got media coverage when the list was announced in about March. A
> decision has yet to be made.
>
> Cheers
> David

I don't think any thing serious has occured yet. The list announced in march
had an amount of money to be spent on about 3 lines including the Cooma
line. RSA have recently put in 3000 sleepers, replaced 2 timber culverts
with Armco pipes and I think on tuesday (10/10) will be running a ballast
train over the section to hume. I would suggest the money allocated will be
well and truly spent.

Dave Malcolm