Re: Freight Australia's homepage updated <Aust wide>

> While reading this web site I came across a mention of developement of
> "hybrid road/rail locomotives".  What exactly are they referring to? A
> truck with tyres and metal wheels?

They are referring to the RTL (RTL1).

(RTL = Road Transferable Locomotive)

I think there are plans for RTL2, etc.... but not sure how far these
plans got.

In the news section they have a bit about the log service in Gippsland
and how they used RTL1 before locomotives were allowed past Sale again.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news