Re: [NSW] working timetable symbols

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000 11:20:53 +1000, "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com>
wrote:

>Could someone explain what these symbols mean???

For the benefit of those reading who are supposed to have a WTT...

>* Whenever "Sutherland" or "Blacktown" shows up, it has a {BCH} and a double
>cross-like character next to it. This character also shows next to Port
>Kembla, Pt Kembla N, Scarborough,   Moss Vale etc.

That would indicate the location of a half pilot staff.

> Also what does {BCH}
>mean?

Branch Line starts *here*.

>* What is the whole idea of Exchange cars? I see at least one instance when
>Endeavours run from Broadmeadow to Sydney EMPTY on a 900 series run just to
>"exchange cars". Also when do they run in lengths of greater than 8 cars?

The whole idea is for maintenance.

>* It's obvious what 8DD IC is (8 car V set, duh!) but the abbreviation IC
>itself strikes me. Is it InterCity?

Yes.

>* Why are U sets still included in book 3 of the May 21 timetable? If they
>got rid of the W sets why do U sets still get a mention?

You really should get out more often.

>* What are conditional trains (book 3 pg3)?

Exchange cars are conditional.  They run if required.

>thanks for the help

I really think that if you don't know how to read the Working
Timetable, then, not being an employee, you should return your stolen
property to where you got it.