Re: CityRail trains filthy again

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39d935e9$0$12433$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d935e9$0$12433$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> "Trevor Staats"
> > David Johnson
> > > The Olympics must be over.  All the cleaners are gone and the pigs are
> > still leaving rubbish on the trains.
>
> > What? You mean that the presentation of the CityRail trains was just a
> > special Olympic effort?  I travelled extensively on the trains during
the
> > Olympics, and I was impressed by the clean carriages and punctual
running.

> So this was the first time you've ever been on a train?
In Sydney, yes...  So I assumed they must always be in such good shape.  But
now the smoke and mirrors are down, my disillusionment is complete.  :-<

> > The CityRail staff were also most helpful (well except for one
<expletive
> > deleted> guy at Circular Quay who must've stayed up too late or
something).

> You know how it is   :-)

Yep, he probably never had to deal with a million people a day whilst
nursing a hangover before.  It seemed that proper use of a razor was also
beyond the guy's skills at that point...

> > Nobody I spoke to had any complaints about the rail system,
>
> So, they were all first timers.

Yeah, I think so.  Mostly out of towners and overseas tourists.  But imagine
the glowing impression CityRail has left with them - the smoke and mirrors
served their purpose.  And here I was thinking that all the CityRail
knockers were just a bunch of whingers...

Trev.