OT: Re: Slide Scanners

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000 15:26:50 +1000, "Peter J. Vincent"
<pjv101@netspace.net.au> wrote:

>for colour correcting
>slides and colour negs look for software that allows the user to set the
>colour correction as a set of values.

Vuescan, latest version is 6.1.2

Browse to http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

Consensus on the film scanner mailing list*  is that Nikon
LS-30/LS-2000 and the Minolta Dimage (not available in Aus AFAIK) are
the two top film scanners at the moment.  The Nikons have ICE which is
a hard- and software method for removing dust spots and scratches
during the scanning process.  Details towards the bottom of Ed
Hamrick's page as URLed above.

Try subscribing to comps.periphs.scanners with s20, dimage, film scan,
hamrick and vuescan in your watch filters and you'll pick up a lot of
great info within a few weeks.

I have an HP Photosmart (most of my images on my page are thus
scanned), but am saving my bikkies for a Nikon LS-2000/LS-3000 (their
quality is amazing).

Yuri

* = The filmscanners mailing list is hosted by
http://www.halftone.co.uk .  To subscribe, send a msg to
ListServer@halftone.co.uk with SUBSCRIBE FILMSCANNERS in the title.