Re: Struggling airport line lands in receivership

"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
BgBV5.13$_42.1797@news0.optus.net.au">news:BgBV5.13$_42.1797@news0.optus.net.au...
> The $900 million airport rail line has plunged further into crisis with
> the appointment yesterday of accounting firm KPMG as receiver-managers of
> the owner, Airport Link Corporation.
>
> http://www.smh.com.au/news/0012/01/national/national1.html

I personally hope that NAB uses its option to force the government to buy
the stations. Then we can have a decent service on the line (decent as in
affordable for everyone) and who knows, with appropriate fare levels, a
stack of new passengers could be attracted (admittedly, not enough to cover
the bail out costs, but it would help).

Dave