The art of gunzelling (Was: Scenes of B74 working to Sydney.)

kennethrdate@bigpond.com (Kenneth R. Date) wrote in
<7upV5.149282$e5.88156@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>:

>Thanks Bevan, good to see real gunzelling isn't completely dead.

Dead? Far from it! Why else would someone chase a train over about 500km
(As done on Monday-Tuesday, chasing 9137/9138) (:

While on this subject, what is the longest distance someone has ever chased
one train?

As above, Chris G and I chased 9137/9138 from North Geelong to Cowangie
over monday and tuesday. For the duration, the train went through two loco
changes (Maryborough remove S310 and add G525 G526, Ouyen remove X39), four
crews (North Geelong - Maryborough, Maryborough - Donald, Donald - Ouyen,
Ouyen - Cowangie), and a one way trip totalling about 18 hours one way.
9138 is the return trip, btw.

M.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".