RailCrack News

Seen on the 16mm Narrow Gauge Modellers Mailing List

*********

RailCrack Announces National Lottery Bid

Railway operator RailCrack has today announced a surprise late bid to
run the national lottery. "We've been running a bloody lottery on the
rail network for years", said Ronnie Corbett, RailCrack's Chief
Executive, "so this is a natural progression".

Under the proposals, a player will buy a `season ticket to make five
return journeys a week at peak times. "You nominate timetabled trains
for each day, and if all ten come in on time and in one piece you win
the jackpot", he said, "a reserved seat in first class for the rest
of your life, or a year, whichever is shorter".

Corbett confirmed that RailCrack were going to be giving over a
significant amount of money to good causes: ".... things like leaves
on the line, floods and vandalism - These are good causes that we can
blame on other people, as opposed to bad causes like dodgy track or
faulty signalling, which we're in danger of being held responsible
for ourselves".

RailCrack is the main player in the Crashalot consortium formed for
the franchise bid. Other backers include US software giant MicroShaft
who promise to put in new machines that make buying a ticket a
lottery in itself. Crashalot are also planning a special `Rollover'
game, where players pick the next scheduled train service they think
will roll over.

*********

Cheers,

Bill