Re: XPT's @ Olympic Park? WTF?

David J and Dave P

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3A250060.34595207@ozemail.com.au">news:3A250060.34595207@ozemail.com.au...
| Erk wrote:
|
| > I've now got a pic of either NT1 or NT26 (I still don't know which one
it
| > is) with XP2016 leading at Olympic Park at approx 1710 26/11 online at:
| >
| > http://www.erk.au.com/erktrans/long_distance/xpt_page1_pic03.htm
|
| Looks like the XAM at the front, therefore a Northbound train.
|
| --
| David Johnson
| trainman@ozemail.com.au
| http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
| ------------------------------------
| These comments are made in a private
| capacity and do not represent the
| official view of State Rail.
| C.O.W.S. Page 11.

Thanks for that help guys......I didn't think of that at the time of taking
the pic. It was only a last minute decision to head over to Olympic Park
around 1615 when I was on the North Shore when I heard that the XPT's were
going via there (looks like the CountryLink info line paid off on this
occasion).

With the Olympics/Paralympics now over, it is now easier to get to Olympic
Park by car than it was before and I was surprised to get a parking space
right next to the Olympic Park gunzel spot - I did have a mild worry when I
left and read the parking sign mentioned buying a meter ticket. However, the
parking ticket machine was not installed at the time.

Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"We earn $3 per hour. Where do you
want me to live? The Hilton?" - Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)