Re: VIC: Grinder causes another fire on NE line

> Aparrently the grinding machine being used on the North East line has caused
> yet another fire at around midday today in the township of Barnawartha.
>
> Five CFA trucks turned up to fight the blaze that spread to an adjoining
> vacant property (about 10 acres aprox).
>
> I am told this has happened a few times now in the last few days, and the
> fire fighters are not impressed.

The Grinding machine they are using is the LORAM, see:
http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/scans/loram-gooslines-221100-2.jpg

That was taken last week, when it was on its way up to the North-East.

I am not sure what that tank is for, but I would assume water for fire
fighting.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news