Re: Bendigo tourist operators unhappy rail packages dropped

"James C." <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8vipa9$4nl$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8vipa9$4nl$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
 why can't towns that servce by VLP enjoy the same success.
> It seems to me VLP only run trains and nothing else, take no initiative
> nor fresh ideas to encourage patronage.
Rather a generalization I would have thought James,considering how we ran
extra services to Colonial for events,and how most regular peak services are
bursting at the seams for lack of suitable rolling stock,and more local
trains are running on the eastern line, even with out the help of Bluebirds.
Maybe its a case of having to make do with what we have for the present.I
mean its difficult to congeor new rolling stock out of thin air.And as its
been noted WCR is taking up the slack here and there,just like GNR does the
ballast trains.
Try not to forget that "Rome was not built in a day" and that more people
are travelling Vline now than at any time since the seventies.
Graeme