Re: [NSW] new speedboards? (was: Speed Signs? in NSW)

Hubert Lam wrote:

> Anyone going on the down relief between Pennant Hills and Thornleigh should
> take a look at the new circular black signs that are posted. I suspect
> they're speedboards, but can't be sure.

They are advisory signs to drivers to indicate the speed for which the
timed intermediate train stops are set - i.e. if you exceed that speed
between the sign and the train stop (roughly speaking) you will get
tripped. The intermediate train stops are designed to protect against a
train going through the catchpoints if the signal is passed at stop -
i.e. if you're going too fast, you'll get tripped BEFORE you get to the
signal.