Re: [Melb] Meanwhile in Bourke Street

David Lindstrom <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote in article
<fIVR5.87019$e5.69325@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>:

>http://www.theage.com.au/news/20001120/A62383-2000Nov19.html
>
>"The report raises the possibility of building a roof over the mall and
>of removing the trams by diverting them on to other city routes, or by
>reducing their frequency, council sources said."

I could not believe this. The irony was, this article appeared right next
to the Yarra Trams article about the new trams and super stops.

Trams add to the atmosphere of Bourke Street Mall, and have the added
convenience of being able to pick up passengers right from the shops. I
can't believe that the Melbourne City Council could be so out of touch with
the needs and wants of the people. And to suggest that the Bourke Street
Mall is a dismal failure as a pedestrian centre? Come off it. Looks like
they've wanked themselves blind enough already.

IMHO, the MCC can go and get stuffed.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME