Re: Filling in Time Between Trains

Hi,

Thommo wrote:
<snip>

> Just a few of my little adventures.

1.  Pick the grass seeds out of your shoes/socks
2.  Take a second look through your shoes for grasseeds - ever notice how
there's always one really sharp one that turns up a bit later?
3.  Apply antiseptic to your scratches and grazes, copped from falling down
embankments, being slashed by thistles, blackberries etc....
4.  Work out.  Seriously.  I've had to run from a herd of angry cows a couple of
times.....
5.  Find out if that farmers electric fence really is switched on.  Be sure not
be holding camera (it really buggers up the electronics)
6.  Re-apply sunscreen.  Many a day gunzelling has been followed by a week of
painful sunburn
7. (can't believe nobody said this one yet)...EAT!  First stop on any
photographic trip should be the local bakery (there's a real good one at Kilmore
on the cnr of the Kilmore East road, and a couple of good ones at Seymour).
Hmmmmm.......donuts........(can't talk, eating......)
8.  Take a mouth organ.  Play "I've been working on the railroad", and such
tunes.
9.  Clear the mud from under your wheel arches, stuck on when chasing a freight
train along a dirt road in a torrential downpour
10.  Practice your "Le Mans Style" manouvre - take photo, dash to car, start car
and pursue train!
11.  Curse and swear because while you were doing the above, a train snuck past
and you'll have to think of some way to occupy the next 4 hours till the next
one comes.

Ahh the joys of the hobby!

Cheers,
Craig