Re: [NSW] quality of trains on airport line

They keep such trains on the North line because they are not trashed by
mindless morons.  I seem to recall seeing a promo for the airport line that
showed Tangara's that had been specially purchased for the line done up in
the operators corporate colours.  If the operators have gone into the deal
relying on the City Rail fleet then that is their own problem.  State Rail
do not give a stuff about the airport line other than being a substitute for
amplification of the Illawarra line through the main junction as evidenced
by unused platforms etc. Its a great operating addition for them but a
disaster for the airport. The line should have been a dedicated light rail
extension with a fleet suitable for taking luggage etc. without the need to
lug bags down station stairs etc but straight off the ground as per the
light rail vehicles that run out Lilyfield.  Might have made more sense to
run it out to the airport and then around picking up the old La Perouse tram
line back into the city or Bondi Junction.  San Fransisco has light rail
that can be used in the street or with high level platforms.  If any light
to the airport was dual voltage then they could run on the City Rail line
from Bondi Junction into Central and then duck underground accross to the
existing light rail line near the Powerhouse Museum.  But ofcourse this will
never happen and will get worse with multiple transit operators in Sydney.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

3a15c3bf$0$19428$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a15c3bf$0$19428$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...