Re: Govt defends fast train spending

"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
sWIQ5.86$3W6.5518@news0.optus.net.au">news:sWIQ5.86$3W6.5518@news0.optus.net.au...
> The Victorian Government has hit back at opposition claims the Government
> is spending too much money on regional infrastructure.
>
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/state/vic/archive/metvic-16nov2000-8.htm

The report at the link above is slightly misleading. It implies that the
Victorian opposition opposes fast rural rail links, whereas what I remember
of the story is that they are opposed to the major blow-out in costs for a
scheme that was supposed to have been fully costed by Access Economics.

Don't get me wrong. I support fast rail links to the country. I don't carry
a banner for either the Victorian government or opposition.

I just like my media reporting without 'spin' - particularly when it's from
the ABC.

whitehat