Re: [NSW] WOLO

G'day,

Russell Norton wrote:

> As above. The letters WOLO have no real meaning, it is a remnant from the
> old telegram / telegraph days where four letter code words were (and still
> are) used. e.g. WOLO, ZONA, WAXY, ZEBU etc.

Ahh yes, spent one arvo discussing these and an ex-guard, we reckon there were
a few "4 letter codes" that didn't make the rule book, such as:

OOPS - meaning - "an ease up rough enough to knock the guard out of his van"
SHIT - meaning - "several thousand dollars damage has been done here"

there were a couple of others, perhaps best not printed here :)

On a serious note, are the codes common across all states?  Certainly WOLO is
also heat speed restrictions in Victoria too.

Regards,
Craig.
--
Craig Haber