[WA] And the winner is.......

----- Original Message -----
From: > Strong rumours coming out of the West that the ASR/ Wesfarmer's
consortium
> has won the bidding for Westrail. $585 million.

Warning! this is part of a conversation I had last night with a friend, who
I would trust. I have no direct knowledge if any of this is true or not! But
I would like to hear comments from those of you who DO know this Company.

Does anybody know what share West Farmers have? And how much influence they
will exert?
Their take overs of Victorian Companies never went very smoothly from
employees point of view.
They are said to be ruthless, and very uncaring of any of their workers.
They seem to care even less about their Management as well. One [now
retired] Manager really disturbed me last night telling me what they did
here. The holy Dollar is all that counts. We were told about Suicides,
Family Break-ups and Wages and Salary reduced on a whim.
he was told " I don't care if you can or cannot do it! But I am telling you
right now, I will have someone here , tomorrow who can!" They also appear to
favour trucks, in all their businesses. My contact also warned, that assett
stripping was part of their style.
jus wondering!