Re: Off topic - Tempe Railway Station - any experts?

In article <8tpek3$po1$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au>,
Jamie Grahame <jgrahame@ihug.com.au> wrote:
>forwarded to aus.rail.
>
>Jamie
>
>"Valerie Wotton" <wottons@intercoast.com.au> wrote in message =
>| By any chance can anyone confirm if Tempe (in Sydney) or a nearby =
>railway station is built below sea level.  I know this sounds a bit =
>ridiculous but is it true?

 Considering Tempe is above ground and on the bank of the tidal cooks river
(the bicycle path under the rail bridge 'floods' every high tide!), I think
you can say it is not below sea-level. Probably 1 or 2 meters above mean high
water mark.

 On the other hand platforms 1 & 2 at Wolli Creek are probably 10m below
mean high water. The two airport stations would be as well.
 The illawarra platforms at Central (24/25?) have tracks below sea level, I
don't think the plaform is!.