Re: Rail unions support Glenbrook inquiry recommendation

On Sat, 04 Nov 2000 08:06:10 GMT, "Dave Proctor"
<daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>"neumannc" <neumannc@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>3A03BF77.4370@ozemail.com.au">news:3A03BF77.4370@ozemail.com.au...
>> Bruce Greening wrote:
>> >
>> snip
>>
>>  All > threat of competition in Infrastructure has been removed and it
>> will
>> > 'business as usual' for the unions. The fact that NSW will continue to
>have
>> > an outmoded railway, operating on 19th century technologies does not
>> > concern them in the least. The road transport industry will be laughing
>as
>> > they place bigger, heavier trucks on the road.
>>
>> Aren't we lucky we still have the "threat of competition" so active in
>> our banking industry, thus keeping costs down!
>
>It is actually the competition that has driven costs up.
>
>Dave

There isnt any competition in the banking industry.
Simply because there is more than 1 bank doesnt mean competition.
Competition only exists when there isnt any restrictions on the entry
of new players,which there currently is in the banking system,
Its the same in the media / broadcasting industry where we have 3
media propriaters and no more are allowed.
The telecommunication system works as there are no more than 40
carriers and anyone can enter the industry.

MD