Re: VIC/ALL Power strike impact on rail?

> > Since most of the signalling in the suburban area is just Automatic
> > Block Signalling (or ATC on single/bi directional lines) then trains
> > will only run if the signalling power live.  AFAIK Greensborough lost
> > all power, so no trains ran.
>
> Greensborough lost all power for 15 min. The SEPAC (METROL) phone was dead
> as were the signals. Then the signals came back as well a the SEPAC phone,
> but the lighting etc. didn't come back for an hour. Trains were not delayed
> by much, as we generate our own electricity (by hand) for the safeworking
> (Electric staff).

Takes a little while for Electrol to get an alternative power feed for
the signalling for an effected area.  (Normally they have warning so
there is no problems, but not this time).

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news