Re: Electrification and patronage

At the time of the planning of the Christie Downs/Noarlunga Centre extension
from Port Stanvac, then state transport minister Geoff Virgo wanted the new
line to be electrified. I believe that the 2000 class railcars were
introduced instead of any electrification.

BTW, I was on the first public Christie Downs service, still have child
return ticket number 0000 somewhere.

SZbN5.9380$Xx3.40886@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au">news:SZbN5.9380$Xx3.40886@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au...