M>Train/ M>Tram leaflets handed out today

Today at Melbourne Central and I presume all other bayside stations they
were handing out leaflets with information on the name change. Also seen on
top of aTVM on a Swanston tram.

The laflet is titled "Thanks Melbourne You Told Us Where To Go".

Inside it just goes on about what they want to do and that they have
listened to our complaints. it also has pictures of new trains and trams.
Most of the page is taken up with sample customer complaints eg "The seat
was ripped", "They're not as late any more, but it could be better?"

The back page has a picture of the new uniforms and a time line of
improvements.

Which are:

Jan 2001
-New Customer service staff on trams

Feb 2001
-Refurbished trains and trams start to apear
-New types of tickets
-225 "extra" train services per week
-300 more tram services per week

May 2001
-New uniforms
-$40 million train station improvement program begins

June 2001
-Real time tram information at stops and new "super stops to cater for low
floor trams"

>From late 2001
-First of 62 new trains start to appear
-First of 59 new trams start to appear

At least they picked a half decent colour scheme this time, green and blue
with a dash of yellow.

They have a new promotional site at:
www.movingmelbourne.com

~Ben Smith